Music for the new Baktun Mayan Fire

As a musician, it has been my privilege over the years to play many instruments and to create a lot of music. Never has it been such an honor, as when I play the instruments from the Mayan lands. These instruments talk to me. I have a close relationship with them. When I pick them up, I feel their vibration and their essence. When I begin to play them, my breath is their breath. It is sacred time that is Ancient/Future time.

Many others from baktuns past have played these types of instruments. As I do now, the breath of sound is invoking the sacred, calling forth ritual, speaking with the unseen world.

I remember that as a young child I began to play the piano and never needed to learn how to read notes. I just knew. This is the same ease and knowing. There is only the connection and relationship that brings unity and then sound.

When I pick up a flute from Teotehuacan, it is with reverence and awe. This flute sound was heard in baktuns past....all the way back to the beginning. And now....many people including myself are making them heard again in our time. This is important. The 21st Century desperately needs the sound of love, kindness, compassion, connection to the unseen world that is invoked through the playing of the Mayan flutes.

To all.....these flutes are not synthesized or computer sound. You are hearing a real person (me) playing a real flute from the Mayan lands.

So now there is a piece of music that I have called Mayan Fire. The coyote flute and the shaman flute sing with my playing of these instruments. Sometimes they sing together, and sometimes one at a time. Underneath their song is the matrix and weaving created by the OM and the plucked guitar.

If you read this Musings and would like a copy of Mayan Fire (it's free), just e-mail me and I will send it to you for your download. With love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey