JOY!

Here in the Midwest, we have just completed the month of January. It could be the darkest month, and cold and intimidating because of the snow. However, it went very quickly and was a month of expectation of the return of light and of enjoying the weather that we can only experience in the winter. January was actually pretty mild (all things being relative, of course). Now February has come in with a ROAR. We had 12 inches of snow and frigid temperatures, and are expecting more snow and more arctic blasts. What excitement! And the beauty is incredible: tree branches outlined in fluffy white; snow drifts that are pure white and cover all of winter's exhaustion. We have the difficulty of driving, which is encouraging more time inside….not a bad thing. However, I am holding in light all of the people whose lives are ended, or altered forever by serious traffic accidents. This morning was particularly bad for travel with very icy roads.

Winter is teaching me to live in the NOW. If I try to make plans, or worry about the future, it is a futile exercise. So I wake up every morning now with a fresh outlook and no expectations. It's amazing what can actually happen if I live in the moment. Pretty awesome!

Winter is a time of incubation and hibernation in nature. For the musician that I am, new music is incubating and just about ready to pop out with the physical form of a new album. This album is, of course, Wisdom Ablaze.

MORE JOY: It is my joy to be aware of those who are listening to my music through all of my published albums. When I go into the quiet, I can feel the love pouring back to me from all of you. What a joy, and what support that is to me as a musician. That love and support is always with me….I touch in many, many times every day to all of you.

Watch for the new website format that is soon to come.

SPRING IS ALSO COMING SOON! Here is a little bit of Spring happiness for you. Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey