Pete Seeger

This morning let's continue our musings on the power of music to move people.

When I found out that Pete Seeger had died this week at the age of 94, I downloaded one of his albums from i-tunes. One of his songs....We Shall Overcome...is an excellent example of the power of music....and the power of the human voice to unite. As I listened I could feel the magic of his music, and the moment that he connected to the energy of the people who had come together for his concert and were joining him in song. His voice deepened and became more powerful.

I have experienced the feeling of being "one" with a large crowd of people as I made music, and I could feel that same oneness in Pete Seeger as he led the enormous crowd in the "We Shall Overcome Song". The news blurbs also showed Pete and his voice and his banjo/guitar leading rallies for justice, and bringing people together in peace as they sang with him....bodies swaying to the music.

May you always experience this magic in your own lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey