Middle of January almost....how did that happen?

Here is the beauty of Indiana after a major winter storm from Sunday January 5 through Thursday January 9. By now we all know what a "polar vortex" is. Here in Indiana we are just now beginning to see a warming trend and some street pavement after 10-16 inches of blowing and drifting snow and minus 18 degree temps. This was after 8 inches of snow January 1 evening through January 2. So all together we had 18-24 inches of drifted snow on the ground. Of course, during the night when it was supposed to get down to minus 20, we lost our heat. I felt like an early settler snuggled up by the fireplace trying to keep warm with blankets and a dog for a foot warmer!

We arrived home from visiting Philadelphia on January 1 at 6:30, having driven 11 hours straight through to beat the storm. We just made it! Then we were snowed in from Sunday evening through Friday morning when we finally were plowed out. Yeah!! All of this was a great incentive to get paperwork, end of year inventory, and taxes done, since I couldn't do much of anything else. All of the distractions of shopping, or walking a dog outside, or anything that required outside "stuff" was all taken away for a brief time.

2014 e-files are set up for the coming year. My goal this year is to be as musical as humanly possible. I have my guitar, my drums, my Kurzweil and my flutes to play and play and play. I have music to record for individuals. And....anytime I have the opportunity to do inventory and to look at sales for a past year, I realize how extensive my music sales really are on this planet. People are listening to my music all over the world and it is awesome for me to experience this. Music has the power to lift spirits, heal woundings, transform and support life purpose, build relationships, connect all to God.

Love to all and Happy New Year 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey