Time of the Return of Light

This year in the Midwest the Winter Solstice is being ushered in with great fanfare. Last weekend a winter storm with lots and lots of snow.... following deep cold (brrrr)...and now for the coming of the actual solstice, another storm with either lots and lots of rain, or snow. The Winter Solstice also is my birthday. My birth on this day was the result of my mother's fall into one of those wood grates that they used to have in sidewalks in the year 1946. I was six weeks premature.....giving me this lovely gift of a birthday on the Winter Solstice. (Not so great for mom though!)

It is 3AM and I am writing this musing with my hot cup of coffee at hand and a homemade pumpkin, cranberry, walnut muffin. As always, Retta is close by. Christmas music is playing on this computer. The Christmas tree shines in the darkness of early morning.....my Mayan flutes and sacred art from Central America are looking down on me from the top of my computer desk. The full moon and stars are bright tonight!

December 16 was the one year anniversary of mom's death. I am blessed that my family loves one another deeply. My mom's legacy to me was her love, and her caring leadership in areas of life that would help others. She was a leader in the literacy movement, and also in the Scottish Cultural Society. And....she was an artist...creating beauty into the world with no intention of selling any of her work. I am reminded that, when I create music or play music, that vibration goes out into the world even if no one but myself ever hears it. Same with all of you...and your creativity changes the world in wondrous ways, bringing love, compassion, kindness, strength, healing.

Over these last few weeks of the year 2013, I will be traveling to family, wrapping up the year's inventory and taxes, and shipping the last few orders of this holiday season. All of this is done with joy and surrounded in love. If you haven't downloaded your free track of the music "Laughter" from the Mystical Rose album, here is the link. Hurry, because it will be going away after December 31.

May this coming Winter Solstice and the New Year be an outpouring of wisdom, love, joy into our hearts, and from us into the world. love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey