Super Thick Fog In Fort Wayne Today

Everything is stopped in the outer world for a little while. A cold front and a warm moist front have combined to bring a thick fog that is mystical. Everything is viewed through a veil. It is beautiful....although anyone trying to get a flight out of our airport is probably not looking at this as beautiful. By 10AM the fog will have lifted and Fort Wayne will again be clear and sunny.

Sometimes the life of a self-employed musician feels like the fog has descended. Everything around is temporarily stopped and veiled. What is happening out there? I can't see, but know that indeed life is continuing and the fog is very local and temporary. The world is a bright and beautiful place with all of you .... creative beings of light in physical form ..... out there adding your warmth of passion and creativity to the colorful weaving of this planet Earth.

This week I have the privilege and honor of releasing the music of Wisdom Enters The World In Love. The veil between worlds lifted as this music was created. It was an intense and joyful experience, as it always is when I am in deep relationship with the unseen world.

Someone in a group I was meeting with a few weeks ago asked me about the process of creating music....wondering that it must take a lot of time to write all of the notes down to all of this music, and then hire the musicians, and go into the recording studio for hours. So, without any advance warning, I was asked to "jump in" and talk about my process of creating music! I'm going to share this with you also beginning with this blog.

The process is exciting! I begin to "know" that there is new music present. This is a felt-sense in my body, brought forward into my awareness by the unseen world of the music itself. I start to develop a relationship with this new music. Usually within a few weeks....sometimes months....the relationship with the new music is strong enough that I schedule time at the recording studio.

As I get ready to leave home for the recording studio, I might get information to bring certain instruments. Do I hear the music before I enter the studio? Probably not. Maybe I see shape or color to the music. Only twice have I ever heard music before I recorded it. The Beloved mantra was the first time, and track five of The Journey of Joy was the second time.

As I record, the music pours out as I actually begin playing. I am in the embrace of the unseen world and the soul of the music. Over a period of time (maybe months) the music continues to emerge as I say "yes" and continue to open to the energy of this particular album and let it change me into the person who can bring the music forward.

The relationship with the unseen world of the music is what allows me to create a new album. This could not happen through any intellectual structure based on rules of music composition, etc.

Then the question came from this group that I was talking to: Why can you do this? How does it work? You must be special! I will answer these questions in future blogs. Onward into the day! Love to all. Beverly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

The Journey

Music supports the world around me