What is Happening in the Life of A Musician?

January is a month where all of nature is in hibernation, and I, the musician, am also in hibernation. This is a time where preparation is made for new things to emerge. It is a time when the previous year is reviewed in order to do taxes and other kinds of creative financial commitments.

This morning I sent out the monthly newsletter to all of my much loved clients and customers. Tomorrow I will be working with Quickbooks and also updating my data base of new customers. All of this is fun work....very creative....and reminds me of the love that is "out there" for my music and for myself as the composer and recording artist.

During the month of December, life brought forward many evidences of love all around me. I was close to my mother in her death, and to Walt and my family as we gathered to send her into the light. I felt the love of clients and customer as I shipped many orders. Christmas was certainly an expression of the love of my children and grandchildren. Now, I am bringing this love into myself, as I am giving myself more time for rest and ritual and meditation. I am allowing my new physical body to slowly emerge, and for the breaking down of old habit patterns held in my body. The release of light that happens when the old breaks down and the new comes forward is my way of giving back light and love to the universe that is always giving me light and love.

There is a special beauty in January. And....this week we are being treated to a January thaw here in the Midwest. So, this musician will be outside enjoying the soft light, the gentle warmth, the breeze and the rain, and knowing that this lovely Mother Earth is cradling me in her arms. Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey