To everyone who is reading this throughout our beautiful Mother Earth. Welcome! On December 21, 2012, the people of the Maya celebrated the change of the baktun. With ritual and celebration, they welcomed the new baktun and the new energy. The rest of the world entered into a craziness of wondering if the world was going to end! For myself, this date was also my birthday and so it was a special transformation time for me.

I have always been deeply connected to the Mayan people. When I travel to the Mayan lands I experience a coming home, and usually I come back to the United States with new music to record. With the illness of my parents for the last 6 years, traveling outside of the country was no longer possible. As their power of attorney, I needed to be more available at all times. However, Conrad Satala made possible a series of ongoing virtual pilgrimages that allowed me to travel in the virtual world without having to leave the United States. These virtual pilgrimages have also been a "coming home" and have inspired much new music since 2006. The albums Heart of Sky/Heart of Earth, Emergence, Healing Music for the 21st Century, Ancient/Future Symphony, Mystical Rose, VIDA, Radiance, A Celebration of Life and Love and 40+ individual music albums have been created through my central connection to the Maya since 2006.

What does this mean for all of you who are reading this blog? Your own creativity is not dependent on any outer place of living, or travel, or particular relationship, or situation in life. There is something within each of us that connects to the source of love and creativity that can be manifested no matter our perceived limitations. I have the deepest admiration for you who are taking care of sick spouses and at the same time working with healing ministries....or are yourself ill and yet bringing forward art and music and writing. There is no limitation for any of us!!

Immediately after the death of my last parent on December 16th, and the celebrations around the Mayan baktun change/Winter solstice/my birthday on December 21st, and the celebration of Christmas, I got very sick. I had plans to write new music now and am instead still allowing my own body to heal. This is not a critical illness that will lead to permanent disability or death, but it is slowing me down for a few weeks and I am a person who hates to be slowed down! Yikes!

I look forward very much to this new year, and to my ongoing communication with all of you. love. Beverly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

The Journey

Music supports the world around me