WOW it is already September 13

How can this be! We are almost halfway through September. The air is beautiful this morning...crisp and clean and cool. The frogs and crickets are quiet and a calm has come over everything. This is my favorite time when all of the day is still potential and the excitement is in the unknown.

What is going on in the life of a self-employed musician right now?? I realized that it's been a while since I have actually played a musical instrument. So, today I am picking up my guitar and my drums and PLAYING music. Time moves so quickly that I personally can get caught so up in the paperwork and other basic stuff of running a business that I forget what is the center of my creative life....actually playing music. My Kurzweil keyboard is going to feel like I have forgotten it. Poor thing!

Does anyone else go this through this??

We are headed toward the change of the baktun in the Mayan long count. As you know, I am connected to the Maya through many personal experiences of travel in the Mayan lands and through my music. 13.0.0.0.0 is the new baktun which arrives on the winter solstice, December 21, 2012. This is the equivalent of our millenium change, but much more significant and powerful since it only happens once every 5126 years. It also happens to be my birthday. How cool is that!!

Ancient/Future Symphony celebrates this baktun change and our understanding that time is fluid, and that life is so much larger than our own personal lives. It extends from the ancient through the present and into the future. When I wrote this symphony, it was an outpouring of love. Love supports the flow of all time and space. In October I will add the Mayan Dream/Dancers of the Flame album to my specials....and then in November the VIDA album....all building and celebrating the enormity of change that is coming to all of our lives, and mine in particular.

I continue to celebrate the heart and soul of my mom as she walks the journey from this world to the next. Along with my dad, she has brought forward the love of nature and the creativity that brightens and inspires my life today. Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey