Joy....a manifestation of love

This month I am featuring The Journey of Joy CD and so have had the fun of going back through all of the stories that people have sent me about this music. Listening to The Journey of Joy is a delight this morning. It is inspiring my writing, and also the marketing flyer that will go out this week for the "snail mail" announcements of the July special.

The photo with this Musings is pure joy (copyright (c) Leah Welty-Rieger. All rights reserved). When I composed the music for A Journey of Joy in 2003, I remember wondering how the music of JOY could be so gentle....it seemed that it should be much more exuberant and outwardly lively....and yet, it was soft, and meditative, and very Mayan in its sounds. As I look at this photo of innocence expressing absolute joy, and her love of the nature that surrounds her, I begin to understand the deeper aspects of joy. Joy…..a manifestation of love. Joy…..a radiance from the soul. Joy….an expression of connection with “all that is”. What I "thought" joy would sound like was more an expression of my personal five-sensory self, and not really the true expression of joy.

I am remembering the fun that Jennifer Patterson and I had creating track three of this album. It's hard to believe that we did this music 9 years ago! It seems like just yesterday. The track is called "Journey" and it certainly was a wonderful journey for both of us. I have in front of me a correspondence from one of Jennifer's friends about her part in this music. Jennifer's friend writes: "Journey is the type of music that calms the nerves and soul, and the vocals give it the feel of a siren's song at sea....haunting and alluring, yet soothing with it's melodic sound. Jennifer, I am so proud of you and I am so glad you had the courage to take this adventure. You have a gift, and I, for one, am grateful that you have shared it with us." end of quote. I also am grateful that Jennifer added her beautiful voice to this album.

What is happening in the daily life of this musician? My creativity is expressed from the meditation and ritual that is a part of every day. Without the inner support, none of this outer stuff would be happening! This weekend I finally got VIDA, Ancient/Future Symphony, and Mystical Rose onto the CDBaby system. I had these albums duplicated professionally in May with UPC code and shrink wrap....required for all professional music sites, and I finally had the time to follow through this week with CDBaby.....very important because they will put them online for sale at CDBaby, and also onto digital sales at i-tunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, and about 70 other digital sites and radio streaming locations. I find that most of my sales through CDBaby are downloads, or streaming music fees. Without CDBaby, it would be much more difficult to be so "out there" in places like i-tunes.



The jet stream has finally moved and our 100+ heat has left us. How wonderful is that!! The breeze is cool and clean. The squirrels were chasing each other around this morning, and our humming birds were feeding. The chipmunks were trying to sneak by us onto the squirrel feeding grounds....so cute!

Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

The Journey

Music supports the world around me