A soft evening

Usually I write my Musings in the early morning, with my cup of coffee in hand. But here we are in the evening. It is dark and my evening cup of coffee is at my side....hot and strong. The air is soft and cool and I can hear the rustling of little creatures in the bushes outside my window. For some reason, I have been called here to write at a time that I would usually be sleeping. Hmmm....

Early this morning as I was looking out my open office window, a rabbit was looking back in at me, totally unafraid. We had quite a conversation. These are the things I remember as a felt sense when I begin to write music about Mother Earth.

Today was a high energy day for writing. As I sat down at my computer, words that describe our relationship to The Beloved began to pour out. The music of The Beloved is being featured this month and I wanted to share a greater depth of my own understanding of love....being loved....being in search of the Beloved....being the Beloved. Just as I compose when I sit down at my Kurzweil, I began to write when I sat down at the computer. This flow of creativity is effortless, but also cannot be demanded. It comes in it's own timing, and today was the day. Evidently, tonight is also in the flow, because here I am!

The June newsletter with my writing on the Beloved is on my website if you click on the Beloved cover icon. If the new writing does not show up, refresh your browser. It is showing up this evening for me on Firefox, but not yet on Safari. That is the difference of the time it takes two different browsers to refresh.

At the end of May I left a music position that I had held for many, many years. This music position came with an outer paycheck and an extraordinary amount of demands on my time and energy. I loved so much of this music position because it involved working with hundreds of volunteers and I love working with people. It also kept me in music for most of the hours of my day. However, the timing was no longer there for this outer position. Between that position, and my own business of Mayan Dream Productions, I was rather completely engaged with work all the time. Now, I have all of my time and energy focused on my own original music with no outer distractions. That is a blessing and a gift for me. I am SO grateful!

Much love to all of you!

Comments

Ellen Sauer said…
Hi Beverly, Thank you for your musing at this later hour than normal. I am sitting here keeping a distant eye on a gaggle of teens as they enjoy s'mores around the fire pit. That on top of a very busy day had me ready and in need of your 'soft evening' message to soften my own space and settle in to the Beloved's presence in each moment...even this very tired one. Sweet dreams to you tonight. Love, Ellen

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey