All the work that goes into releasing a CD...


So here we are.....in the last part of the journey of releasing a CD. I have recorded the music, spent hours in the studio with Tom Tempel in the mixing and mastering process, and now I have a Master CD to send to the duplication company. Susan Stamm and I have met several times on the graphic design for the cover. I have proofed it and re-proofed the cover, inner cover, disc label, and back tray. Now she can upload everything directly to the duplication company.

Vern is creating the new page for my website for this new CD "A Celebration of Life and Love". I wrote descriptions for each track and sent that to him along with mp3 snippets of each track.

As I sit here in the middle of the night, I am listening to the master and making sure that there are no glitches. I am also loading into my computer the masters for Mystical Rose, Ancient/Future Symphony, and VIDA. They will be sent also along with the artwork/graphic design to the duplication company. I am checking track by track for any possible glitches. As you can imagine, this is time-consuming!

Marketing involves on line newsletter and mailing of a new flyer just for this CD and designed by Susan. Once the completed CDs have arrived, I will be getting them into distributors and doing more online marketing to that international market. All of the music will also then go into the digital markets for downloads.

A person has to be really motivated to release a CD. It requires a HUGE amount of work and also finances up front. My inner world must direct all of this, or disaster would probably happen.

Onward into the day! With love, Beverly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey