Taxes are done and another year has passed.


This week's blizzard gave me some time to finish up the taxes for Mayan Dream Productions. It wouldn't take so long, but I always spend this time looking at the year that has passed. I look at every invoice and connect with thanks to the person or business that bought my music. Some decisions for this year will be made based on such questions as "Why did my ink cost triple last year?" Could it be because I purchased a new printer that is much more expensive to run? Or....is there another reason?

In the last two weeks between snowstorms and the blizzard, there was precious time to connect with friends over coffee. Playtime! Also playtime was beginning to learn the guitar again with no pressure to perform it, or record it, or do anything but enjoy it. Walt gave me the guitar for my birthday, and I'm loving it!

My sales at CDBaby are really picking up after several years of limping along. That's wonderful, but there is no obvious outer reason. Maybe someone has discovered the low cost and convenience of CDBaby and is passing the word along to his/her professional friends. For musicians/artists, word of mouth is the most powerful way that music or art sells.

The February Musings will be going out near the end of the week. Every month I write the Musings Newsletter which is different than this blog, and also not a sales ad. There is no selling in a Musings Newsletter, but rather a connection with the many people who are sharing the spiritual journey that unites all of us. It takes me about 20 rewritings to have the article that goes out.

It's snowing again and we are expecting another 3+ inches on top of the 12+ inches that we received last week. I'm waiting for the warm weather to arrive again, but I love the beauty of the snow. It's gently falling with big flakes and has arrived about three hours earlier than the meteorologists predicted. So....let it snow.

Love to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey