Early in the Morning


Autumn is certainly here. The air is soft again and cool. It was dark last night around 7:45PM....almost two hours earlier than on the Summer Solstice. I will miss summer, but I love the feel of Autumn. This week a group of women will gather again here to mark this change of seasons with meditation.

This week I had to look again at my own beliefs about music and it's sacred character. An acquaintance of mine had asked me to be a musician for a celebration, and then changed their mind and asked me to stay away from this celebration because this person did not want the music to interfere with the sacredness of the celebration. For this person, silence and the spoken word will be the music. I have had others also say that they prefer Silence to Sound and would not use music with their meditation or creativity. There is no right or wrong way for the sacred to manifest.

The new Radiance music is coming out soon, and so this change in plans is a very happy event that allows me to deepen my own understanding of music and it's place in the spiritual workings of our planet. Music is an aspect of silence. Deep silence is the core of the Universe, and the core of the Universe, this Silence, is teeming with energy and life. It creates always. Music and Silence are the same. Why do I know this? Creation/Silence manifesting is a vibration. We have found that all human organs have their own song and scientists have mapped this into musical notes. Color has its own song....each color having a different vibration. Every living thing that has manifested from the Creative Center has it's vibration. There are so many different vibrations that come for the Silence at the center. Music has the power to focus a particular vibration so that I can be aware of it and communicate with it. Relationship happens!

When I create music, I open to this vibration and ask for it to resonate in my physical body. My intent is always that the vibration moves through me into physical sound that expresses the sacred center of whatever the music is about. So...Radiance....already we have four tracks complete: Call To Joy, Compassion, Walking Lightly on the Earth, and Radiance.
I continually ask these forces to support me in my life, and also to change me into the person who can play and also market this music to the world.

This week I will be recording on Monday afternoon and on Friday afternoon. In between I will play for a funeral, and do a lot of paperwork, rehearsals, etc. All of this (I intend and sometimes failing and sometimes in the flow!) will come from the Creative Center that is Silence/Music.

Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey