Let it snow! Let it snow!


Monday of last week was one of those transformative days. I was sitting in traffic only a few blocks from home....wondering why traffic was stopped....when I heard this huge sound and found myself in my car thrown into the ditch. Someone had become distracted and had not noticed that traffic had stopped, so she ran into the car behind me, and that car pushed me into the car in front of me and then into a ditch. I spent the next five hours at Lutheran Hospital being checked for internal injuries, spinal injuries, etc. No injuries! Just deep bruising and some sprain kinds of things, and the need to take a few days to rest and let my body recover from getting beat up.

There must be some karma working here because this is the third time that I have been in a serious accident due to no fault of my own, and yet have not been seriously hurt.

This accident totally destroyed my car, so now I have a new car that is way nicer than my old car. Without the accident, I would not have purchased a new car at this time....but now it's in my life and is giving me an exciting experience of driving a luxury car. In my entire life I have not owned a luxury car, and now I do!

I do not believe that accidents, illness, etc happen to teach us a lesson. But I do believe that we are supported through these events, and that we can open to be transformed by them. This is a loving universe.

Over the last 6 weeks I have played music for the funerals of five people my age or younger. All of this is reminding me that life is precious. Life is also quite amazing. My mind thinks that it knows what is going to happen, and has quite structured and detailed ideas about what I should be doing. Ha! It is SO completely clueless about the larger picture.

What will today bring? We are in the midst of that large storm system that is moving from the Midwest to dump 10-30 inches of snow on the eastern coast. It's beautiful outside with drifts of white and the sound of blowing wind....25-35 miles per hour. It's about 5:30AM and they have come through with the plows, so I am planning on being brave and going out this morning to an early appointment. Then.....it's Saturday so life can be flexible until around mid-afternoon when I leave for making music again. Tonight and next week are going to be very cold.

February is a perfect example of transition....beautiful and yet a challenge. But February leads us to Spring and emergence of new life.



Comments

Unknown said…
glad you are Ok. Transformative energies at work!

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

The Journey

Music supports the world around me