Looking at last year with gratitude


January-looking sky. Isn't it amazing how beautiful gray and soft light can be. Notice one tree has never dropped it's leaves, so this is not really a January photo (probably early December), but this is what it looks like most of the time right now. The sun peaks out of the clouds and we have beautiful black and grey on soft gray. Sometimes the ground is white with snow, and sometimes (like today) it is soft browns with a little white dabbling here and there. Mother Earth is SO beautiful in all her aspects.

Taxes....it's astonishing how much good comes from doing my taxes. Of course, we are at the deadline again for Indiana Sales tax. And so I have to add up all of my income for the last year, subtract everything that is not applicable, and then pay sales tax to the State of Indiana on the rest. This is not a hard job this year because sales were REALLY low for all of my music. The why is not important....the fact is there is always an ebb and flow to every creative life. Sales are not the determiner of creativity. I have done a lot of research over the years on the lives of artist of all types. Some of the most creative times for them are the "winter" times when the outer world is not producing, but the sap is flowing deeply in the inner world. This has been an extraordinarily fruitful year for me personally.

Every year about this time I look at my life with Mayan Dream Productions and am so grateful that I get to be a musician. This music does not come from my own personal self, but from the purpose of my life, and from the Source of all music.

2010 is an expansion year for Mayan Dream Productions. I don't really know what this means, but already in January I have experienced a lot of expansion and many new ideas for how to bring my part in beauty and life out into the world.

Today....nature is doing her thing again....we are going to have a bit warmer weather with wind and possibly thunderstorms which will bring the next very cold snap and snow back into the area. Such excitement!!

We had a death this week....one of our beautiful gold parakeets died on Thursday night. We don't know why....she just started acting funny, and then she died. Sad! Our other gold parakeet is now alone and so will be depending on us more for companionship. With two parakeets, they didn't care much if we were around or not, but that will now change.

Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey