LIstening to Woven in Love


As usual, I am in my office in the early morning, listening to my music, and this time it is "Woven In Love" from the VIDA album and drinking a wonderful, hot cup of coffee. It's a Saturday and these are such nurturing days usually. Outside it is about 8 degrees and everything is covered with a thick blanket of snow. The sky is clear and the moon is crescent. All is well!

I am struck by the ever-changing aspect of nature. In just 90 days this tree will be covered in pink and white blossoms....it will probably have a nest or two in it. Since I am a part of nature, my own physical form and my action out in the world also are ever-changing. That is always the "known" world for me: everything will move and dissolve and emerge and change...sometimes slowly and sometimes very quickly. Here in Indiana we can go in 24 hours from a place of ease of movement to no possibility of movement. All it takes is one deep snowfall or ice storm to make movement outside impossible with traditional ways, or a melt of snow or ice, to make it again possible to walk and to drive. Do I have control over these things? Yes...I can get upset or I can enjoy this kind of constant change.

The business of music is in this flow of nature and change. Everything always depends on the weaving of the lives of people around me throughout the world. When someone hears and wants my music, there are orders. Sometimes no orders. My job is to communicate and to be open to serve.....and to create music as it comes forward. Nothing in the business of music marketing can be successfully forced into being. Forcing or pushing is against the essence of nature.

Now....into the day with love.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey