Life in the Slow Lane...or is it really

September and October so far have been very slow months for blogging and connecting through the written word in any way. I suspect this is because I have been focused elsewhere for a few weeks. Usually I avoid mentioning my personal life in this blog, but all of life is interconnected (as you know!). We have had quite a bit of serious family illness this month. Family is more important than anything else, so many of the outer parts of connecting with all of you dropped off for a couple of weeks.

The love of family, and the effort that it takes me to "go the extra mile" to help out when someone needs help, is a great food for my music. Music does not exist in a sterile bubble. It emerges from the person creating it. When I have to reach inside to find strength and courage for family emergencies, that changes me and changes my music....hopefully deepens the spiritual life of me and my music.

The inner world of creating music has been bubbling right along. No matter what kind of music a person creates, it all comes from that wonderful, imaginative, creative, exciting, unknown place inside. That place never stops working and music comes at the most unpredictable time and in the most unusual ways. In 2008 January, I had no idea that Ancient/Future Symphony even existed. By June, Ancient Future symphony had made it's existence known to me, and was recorded in only a few days and released quickly. What a surprise to me!!! After receiving this CD as a gift, one of the prominent teachers and psychologists on the West Coast called me to say that she thought it was my best work ever and loved it! That teacher gave me a precious gift that day of affirmation, and of realizing that creativity happens in unusual ways and not in the path of consensus reality. All of you who are painters, potters, photographers, sculptors, musicians, etc know this path of creativity.

So......what will October and November bring for me? These are months (especially November) when the veil between worlds is very thin. I expect for creativity to be bringing some surprises to me.

Many of you who are connected to me through my music and maybe have received soul music from me, are caring for parents or friends who are very ill. This is such a hard task, but such a gift. In our society, so much is focused on the individual's wants and needs. However life brings something very different. To all of you who are reaching out to the world to bring light and healing and warmth and love....blessings.

Love to all of you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Life is not a slow lane, Sonia & I have been dealing with physical issues, my daughter-in-law gave birth to a new granddaughter who came to several Tz'utuhil rituals I was part of to check me out. My 44 yr. old daughter had the wedding of her dreams & is embarked on the journey of relationship. My son Robin will marry his Japanese fiance, Naoko, Jan. 4 in Japan. Yet I due to physical changes in my body find I am in the "slow lane" to deepen my own relationship with my body, soul, & the unseen beings who assist me to become the healer, soul mid-wife. Jacque
Susan Casserley said…
Hi Bev,

I logged into myspace for the first time in ages and saw you on my friends list and then came here. I hope your parents are well, or at least well taken care of. My dad died on 8/28/2009, just 1 week after his 88th birthday. He was at Woodview Nursing home since when he and your dad were together briefly at Coventry Meadows. We were there and it was peaceful and I am glad he has moved on, his life had run its course. It was a good run but it was time for him to go and actually I know he was just waiting to be able to go for a while.

I have REALLY been in the slow lane. I got to where I was sleeping 18 hrs/day and really didn't care about anything. Thought it was depression but turned out being my thyroid. Got medicine and within a week I was almost completely back to normal. That was just a couple weeks ago and it is such a relief to feel normal again and to want to live life and do things.

Good to talk to you again and drop me a line if/when you can.

By the way, my website is http://clear.bluedei.com if you want to see a little more about dad.

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey