As I Stay The Course


Of course it is not quite 4am and here I am with my cup of coffee and writing to all of you. As I read back on my blogs, I realize that there is mention of early morning hours in almost all of them. Obviously my biological, creative "clock" is set for being awake to enjoy the beauty of night and early morning. There is a light and steady rain this morning, and the peepers and crickets are calling outside my window.

I have created so much music over the last few years that I forget what I have actually done. So I am listening intentionally to all of my albums. What do I notice especially? Lots of nature, lots of rhythm, strong melodies in some pieces, and no melody in others, but always the center point is the heart and the sacredness of all of life around us and our own personal journey for this lifetime.

This last week I have had the privilege of responding to e-mail correspondence from customer/friends whom I don't hear from often. That is one of my favorite treats! Also, new customers/friends have come into my life. You bring richness and new perspective and it's great fun.

"Staying the Course" in a business such as Mayan Dream Productions allows me to have enough years to form and deepen relationships with people in all walks of life. Music transcends boundaries and breaks down walls.

So what will this week bring? The adventure is in not knowing the exact details of any day, because anything can and does happen. What I do know is that music will be created, orders will be shipped, people will call and e-mail and share, and life will be full of energy and excitement if I allow that to happen.

There is a book written by a man who started a clothing store which has grown to be very successful. He started it with his wife on a shoestring, but with the intent to provide the very best service possible to anyone who walked through the door. This book is called "Hug Your Customer". To this couple, and to me, the customer is not a commodity, but a relationship. You have come to me for music which supports and energizes your life purpose. As I send you a CD, or create music for you, I hold you in love. Many hugs to you!

Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

The Journey

Music supports the world around me