Beyond the Boundaries


Several times in the last two weeks I have sat down to write and there was nothing to say. That is the same as how music comes to me. Sometimes there is no music to write....and when music wants to be composed, I feel it's presence.

So here I am in the middle of the night again. I was awakened and there was nothing to do but get up. My mind wanted to tell me how much I had to do tomorrow and that I needed my sleep. However, this beautiful night with the movement of the moon toward full moon, and the frogs and crickets singing is supporting me to write. For the ancient Maya, frogs were a sign of new life.

Linear time is a boundary for me. It binds me up into segments of days and weeks and limits me in my creativity. Who says that nights are for sleeping? Or that I need "x" amount of hours of sleep at a certain time? I am writing with my cup of hot, awesome coffee, my candle lit, and the music of the night with me.

We are near the end of summer, and moving toward the Fall Solstice. So what is this movement toward the Fall Solstice going to bring for me? Change....and more change. During the month of August, I celebrated with you the 20 year anniversary of Mayan Dream Productions and all of the music that was created during that 20 year cycle. From that 20 year base, a new 20 year cycle is emerging. September is a month of change in nature for the Midwest....the movement of all life forms from summer fullness to winter hibernation and growth underground. That has actually been my path during the last few months with so much growth happening in the dark of the creative womb.....and birth just now ready to happen of the new life of my own creative cycle.

New life...change....and for me the release of boundaries that limit creativity....

My right arm and wrist have been experiencing radical change since May. This has forced me to change how I play music...and this is another boundary released. The energy that moves through me and becomes sound can be expressed in so many different ways. I love the music that I have already created, but this new way of creating is becoming very exciting.

We are expecting the birth of two new babies in our family in November....new life....wonderful!

Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey