June Explosion - 20 years!

2009 marks the 20 year anniversary of Mayan Dream Productions. How can it be 20 years since I first discovered that I would be creating original music?! Remember, I had NO idea that I would ever write and record original music, and then the music of Mayan Dream exploded into my life. Mayan Dream changed me in profound ways, and was followed by The Beloved, Watchers, Stille Pointe, Mayan Portal, Walking the Labyrinth, The Journey of Joy, Heart of Sky/Heart of Earth, Earth Essence, Atitlan Fire, Emergence, Living The Possible, Healing Music for the 21st Century, Mystical Rose: From the Heart of Everything, Ancient Future Symphony, 40+ Soul/Deepbody albums, ...and now VIDA! What an awesome journey! Thank you to the unseen world for this unimaginable gift and thank you to all of you for walking with me on this journey of love.

Today also marks the one month anniversary of my journey through carpel tunnel. This has been a gift. As my music expands and deepens, my body needs to become more in tune with it's potential....more relaxed...stronger...more alive! In the midst of a very busy May schedule, I could not play any musical instrument for two weeks and had to get substitutes for any of my playing commitments. This gave me the time and space to rest, meditate, experience deep body energy work, rest some more, be outdoors in the warmth of late Spring.....focus on the change that wanted to happen. It's amazing how, when I "think" that I don't have time, time is given to me in a way that I cannot ignore!

Now I am back to playing and with an entirely different physical body in place. I pay attention to how my body wants to move....before I would just DO IT without really paying attention. It's an amazing journey and it continues.

On May 19th, I spent an hour with women and men who are experiencing cancer. My invitation was to talk about music and meditation, and to meditate with the group. It was an honor and a privilege to be with these individuals on their transformative journey. We talked about music as a vibration and the body as an energy system....atoms vibrating....water moving...and the power of music to be an assist in their own spiritual journey of healing. We also talked about how much it matters that I create music from the space of the heart, and that my own body has to carry this vibration. Otherwise my music will not bring the vibration of healing and transformation, but rather will encourage a smallness and victimization. SO....from my own mouth, more learning for me. These men and women have tremendous courage and a light that inspires.

The WISDOM WOMEN group is taking it's summer vacation...but will meet again monthly beginning in September. To all of you who have not experienced this group, you are welcome!
Dates and times will be released soon.

The new album, VIDA!, is in it's final stages of creation. I had to wait to record the final tracks until my body had changed to support the release of this music. I have learned that it is not JUST the recording, but the process of releasing the music into the world in a new way that is changing my body.


Watch for lots of celebrating throughout the summer for 20 years past...and 20 years + to come!
Love to all. Beverly.
Publish Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey