The Beloved

This week I picked up another shipment of The Beloved CDs to bring my stock back up to a reasonable level. It's amazing that The Beloved continues, after almost 20 years, to be my best selling CD, and the "banner" music that carries all of my other music forward. In 1990, I was driving down Bass Road out in the Indiana farmland. The melody of The Beloved starting running through my head. This is unique for my experience, because I don't hear music as melody, but rather see it as shape and color, and feel it as vibration. So...from the beginning, The Beloved has been special. In 20 years it has traveled throughout much of the planet, carrying the vibration of being loved and of loving as the primary life-force that supports all of us.

NOW....It is early in the morning. I am listening to a podcast from a keyboard musician who is just brilliant in internet selling.....and who has a passion for his own music and for all of those who listen to and buy his music. We don't do the same kind of music (he creates medleys of Christian music) but his experience enriches my own professional life.

As I listen to the podcast, I have the early morning bird-song from outside my studio. Some crows are particularly vocal today.

I also subscribe to Derek Sivers (founder of CDBaby and a musician/composer) materials on marketing, and am listening to his 5 minutes videos on marketing which are really helpful and practical. Thank you Derek!!

Why is marketing so important? All of my music will stay in my studio unless I actually spend the time to let people hear it and let people know that it exists. My music has a purpose and that purpose is realized when my music is out in the world.

The CELEBRATION of 20 years is underway. The order part of my website is being reconfigured to bring all orders through Mayan Dream Productions, Int'l again. When you order you will no longer go to CDBaby. I missed the customer interaction of seeing your order, and shipping to you directly. The anniversary special will come on line within the next week....you will see a special price for all CDs, and shipping will be free. Why? Because I value our relationship and this is a tangible way to say "thank you".

Have a beautiful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey