Into year 63



This last week has been extraordinary. On Friday I wrote about the ice storm and the severe cold that was impacting every one's life in this area. So many people are living in homes without electricity in cold that is approaching -30 wind chill. Other people who do have electricity are taking in guests.

For myself....the ice and cold arrived at the same time as the Profound Love music was released, and also in the weekend of my birthday. On Friday we provided a temporary home for my mom whose electricity was off. That was a gift of her presence. I found myself playing for Mass in a church without heat or light on Saturday evening and that was also a gift. The feeling of intimacy within the sacred was much more profound than if we had a "normal situation". So many of those people who came to be a part of this sacred event...had no heat or light in their own homes....yet they came to be a part of something much larger than their own personal situation. Sunday morning was even more cold because of the high winds and below zero temps on Saturday evening. Yet the sunlight streamed through the stained glass windows and directly onto my head. What a gift. We only had sunlight for those few hours on Sunday morning.

Sunday was my 62nd birthday. If indeed this December 21st set the template for my 63rd year of life, I can expect to live within a lot of change, a lot of the unexpected. The music of Profound Love is teaching me how to walk through life's unexpected events and it is there (with all of my other music) to support me. That is an incredible, awesome gift! So....today is the first day of this 63rd year. Onward to the great adventure!

Much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey