What do horses have to do with music?

Yesterday I was out on a photo shoot and came across these beautiful horses in the early morning. They came across the pasture to greet me and get their pictures taken. I was able to connect with them....stroke them...and now bring their beauty onto the website.

One of the great things about my job is that music and writing are stimulated by the beauty of nature...therefore, I get to be out in nature often. My job is not about sitting at a desk for hours at a time.

Music is the voice of Mother Earth singing. Music is the power of the web of life that surrounds and connects all of life. Music is uniquely able to bring the human being into harmony with our soul-full selves, and into harmony with everything around us. Music uplifts us to our best nature. Music brings us into peaceful spaces, into fiery creative spaces, into dance, into happiness. Each part of life sings it's unique song. Each part of our human body sings it's unique song.

It's my job to hear the song and allow the music to flow through me and out into the world in the form of melody, harmony and rhythm. That sound so easy, but it does require a discipline to choose the pathway that will lead to hearing and allowing the music to flow. I can choose a miserable life....or a joyful life. I can choose the life of a couch potato... or a vigorous outdoor life. I can choose to love.....or not to love. These choices make me a musician....or not a musician.

It was great fun to greet the horses and bring them to you.
With much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey