Thunder

Sunday morning early.....the air is crisp with the feeling after a thunderstorm has passed.
Coffee is brewing. The day stretches before me with the freedom of "anything could happen".
We are expecting more storms today and tomorrow, but in between I am sure that I will be outside pulling weeds because all the rain will have loosened their grip..making the task so much easier. In a way it's a shame to label the plant life that grows so abundantly as undesirable and abruptly end it's growing life. I wonder who the first person was who labeled some plants as weeds and other plants as flowers and acceptable greenery?

Sunday....last night I dreamed again about my former job as church musician and that I was going back to that position today. In previous years, I would be dressing for Church and leaving in just 30 minutes for work and then working for about five hours or so. Then I would come home and sleep all afternoon. Now I am looking forward to the delivery of the Sunday paper and the first cup of coffee. I will get dressed in whatever I want in a little while, but the day is not structured.

It is a gift that I have had music in my life for my entire life almost. First as a child, then as an adult playing daily in church settings, and now as a full time musician of my own music. I have always wondered why my own music did not turn out to be sacred church music....especially with the huge amount of original songs that were coming out of the Catholic Church musicians.
However, the type of music that I was born to create is not under my control. It is sacred to the Earth and to the unseen world that embraces all of life. My music is also used in almost any way that you can imagine to support the individual's spiritual journey. That is very cool!

Now....onward to that cup of coffee....the paper....and the new day. Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey