Photos of the instruments that create my music.




Here are some of the instruments that have played me over the years. You are seeing my Copan drum...the one with a tree trunk base and twine holding the goatskin head. The story of this drum's entry into my life is several blogs back in this Musings series. Next to her are the rain stick from Central America and two flutes from Teutehuacan.
The flat drum is from Guatemala.

The brightly colored drum came into my life as I was recording The Journey of Joy. I was actually on my way to the recording studio when I realized that I needed a particular drum sound that I did not have. So I turned the car around, went to Conser Music here in Fort Wayne, told them the sound I was hearing, and they had the drum for me. (cool, huh!)

Ray Gabet gifted me with the timbales that are the silver discs right in front of the flute. Thank you Ray for bringing this brilliant sound into my life and my music.

There are many more instruments that have given their voice to my music. Watch for more pictures to come.

If you are just now tuning in to read Mary's story, check out the previous blog. Have a fabulous day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey