I Got A New Digital Camera!

This summer Walter and I are celebrating 41 years of marriage and he surprised me with a new digital camera yesterday for an anniversary present. What a great gift! More and more I am finding that I want to have photographs of the places that speak to me and I was struggling with this pretty inadequate digital camera. Also, as I begin again to play in concert, I want to have a beautiful visual show for the audience....visual images of people and places that are coordinated with my music. This new digital camera is going to be a HUGE help in preparing this aspect of my upcoming concerts. Thank you Walter!!

Yesterday was a perfect example of how synchronicity works when I listen without asking "why". I was pulled out of bed in the middle of the night to work....and a lot of important business was accomplished between the hours of 1:00AM and 6:00AM. Then back to bed for a few hours. I woke up at 9:30AM and at 9:35 I received an urgent call that asked me for help. I was able to respond to this call, and yet have the business structures in place for the day...some of which were also urgent. If I had tried to sleep and plan on working from 9-5, life would have been very interesting indeed!

A dear friend traveled with Conrad's group to Lake Atitlan in late June. She sent me a inspired description of the deer dance ritual of which she was a part. Her story re-awakened in me the wonder and awe of the mystery of our lives. Things happened during the 5-1/2 hours of the deer dance ritual that cannot be explained except that there are spiritual forces of the land and of the sky that are very real and that carry us on our journey. Our five senses and our limited minds cannot begin to fathom what is really present all around us. We are SO supported. I find that I limit myself by assuming that my own mental perceptions are what is really REAL. And then...I argue for my own limitedness. How crazy is that! Another friend also traveled with this group and she shared with me the many visions that appeared in her dreams and her room during her time at Lake Atitlan.

Stories like the above appear in all religious traditions and in indigenous ritual practices. It is the reality of the larger weaving of this universe of which we are a part.

Now...onward to celebrate freedom on this 4th of July. Have a wonderful holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey