Beautiful Indiana


I took this photo today and if you look closely, you can see the lake behind the trees and the bridge. I wanted the bridge as a symbol to myself of walking always into the unknown. That's what creativity is all about.

I had lunch today with a dear friend and we talked about living in the present moment, and about our unique creativity. My friend is sort of a Renaissance woman....her creative core shines through whatever she does. She totally understands that creativity cannot be ordered up to a certain pre-determined goal, or formula. We worked together as directors of various ministries in the Catholic Church for many years. Creativity manifested in our work in the Catholic Church and was overflowing with richness. Now, for me, my focus is totally on the music that is pouring through me, but this is the same fountain that poured through me as director of the Office of Worship for 8 years. It comes from my Soul and from the Source of all creativity that I call the Heart of Everything.

Creativity.......always about being willing to walk into the unknown and let it co-create in the way that is unique to each person no matter where or what the life circumstance.

Earlier today, as I took photos, I was struck at how beautiful Indiana is. It seems like I have fallen into the bad habit of apologizing for Indiana. No more! Indiana is called the Heartland of the US. It is a beautiful state and carries the energy of the heart. Indiana's people are friendly and (usually) have a relationship with the land. Thus creativity has a chance to blossom because creative impulses have a much harder time being realized unless the individual has a loving relationship with the Earth and with other people.

Stay tuned for more beautiful photos of the Heartland.

While I was driving today out in the country, I was listening to Ancient/Future Symphony and falling in love again with it's beauty. It is such gorgeous music and carries Wisdom. Thank you to the Source of all Music for giving me this music, and thank you to ME for saying yes to composing and recording Ancient/Future Symphony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey