Thunder cracks us open.

Last night we had tornado warnings in much of northern Indiana. It's been really hot and humid in this area and that sets up the perfect conditions that produce the awesome power of storm. I was in Huntington County yesterday morning, walking in a nature preserve. That same area suffered a lot of damage last night. Today we are expecting 90 degree weather, and the possibility of more storms.

A significant number of the people who request Soul/Deepbody commissioned music request thunder in their music. Thunder is also part of the Heart of Sky music and the Emergence CD. In the Mayan sacred tradition, thunder is Chak cracking open the back of the turtle for creation to be released.

There is nothing wimpy about thunder. It signifies the presence of lighting with it's danger to human life if we are crazy enough to stand outside in it's presence. And yet, lightening provides the nitrogen nutrient to the green growth that I treasure. Thunder rolls through the sky with a powerful sound. We look up to the clouds and wonder what is coming....summer storm, or something more intense like our tornadoes of last night? Thunder makes my whole body come more alive. Everything else falls away in it's presence.

So thunder in my music....or your music.....signifies our understanding that our process of life with it's cracking open of creativity is not a wimpy process. We get transformed...we have everything turned upside down and inside out.....we expect things to stay the same but the cracking open happens and our nature preserve is altered by a tornado. And yet, we are nurtured and grown by this same process. Chak cracks open the sky!

There is a picture in the paper this morning of a absolutely wondrous rainbow that arched over the city of Fort Wayne in the midst of an orange sky last night. This would have happened right after the most severe storm that rolled through our city. It is amazing to me how our Mother Earth gifts us with beauty. It's pure gift through conditions that might not seem like gift.

One of the most important things that nature teaches me is that I am not in control of my own creative process. I am not in control of the course of my life. I might THINK I am in control, and have occasional days of illusion that I am in control, but that is not true at all. My part in all of this is to stay connected to the larger picture....the weaving of Mother Earth....the weaving of the unseen world....and enter my energy into this weaving with surrender. Show me! What is this day all about? What music is within just waiting to be created? The music that flows through me is pure gift.....often given under unexpected conditions. My part is to be open, and to be active in saying yes to everything that is asked of me by the Heart of Everything. To be open to gift means to relinquish the illusion of control.

Control....such an illusion. Can I predict when it is natural timing for someone to want to commission Soul/Deepbody music? Can I predict when a class will be offered that wants my music to be a part of it...thus creating CD sales? Can I predict what this day will bring? Not at all! I only have control over my own reaction to the day and my own openness to what life brings. I can say that I am grateful, joyful and willing to be the person who is musician and open to WHATEVER!

Do I always remember? Ha! I wish!

Quantum physics is teaching us about the power of intention. Here is my intention: I choose to be open to a vigorous, vital, alive, musical, playful, joyful life of creativity. I choose and pour my energy into being LOVE manifesting in the world. I choose to partner with Mother Earth, with my Soul, with the Heart of Everything for the highest potential of my purpose in this lifetime. I call upon the forces of abundance and of financial prosperity to be with me as my life creates around this intention.

As I sit here writing, the birds are singing their little hearts out! It is around 73 and the clouds are already in place for more rain. Thank heavens I got some plants transplanted yesterday, and the fertilizer around the plants that needed that boost.

The breeze through my window feels SO good on my body. Have a wonderful, creative Saturday everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey