Monday and Here We Go

I promised that this blog would be about the day to day life of a musician. This particular musician is self-employed, so that will always direct the Musings into a different space than if I was teaching music in a school, playing music in a Philharmonic Orchestra...you get the idea.

It is fabulous being one's own boss. It is also sometimes difficult to set boundaries that work. I can find myself working 24-7, and I can find myself not working at all. Neither one is a good thing! Then there is the matter of no paycheck coming in and supporting me from an outside source. There are no paid sick days or vacation days from a corporation. On the other hand, no one except me is giving me a hard time for my work schedule, or my dress code, or anything else.

Friday I blogged about the lack of control in this musician self-employed business. Usually that is not something that bothers me, but occasionally I get caught in wondering what is going to happen, where the money is coming from to do marketing, etc. That can lead to sleepless nights until I find my center again, and realize that all of my life is supported and woven by something much larger than me. Decision made from a space of anxiousness, doubt, fear are always bad decisions for me. Decisions made from a space of wisdom and co-creation with the unseen world have remarkable results, even though I don't have the end in sight.

So today....Monday....I began the day at the chiropractor making sure that my body is in the best shape possible. Then onward to my office for bill paying, and filing, and website stuff, and customer service and scheduling. My trusty cup of coffee is in my hand, and our cockatiel Pacal is on my desk keeping me company.

Mondays are often all about these kinds of things that help organize my professional life. Then I am set for the week of creating, traveling, etc.

I am also exploring my digital camera for some possible new uses. I had to download the 61 page manual because for some reason, the original got lost when I moved my offices earlier in the Spring. Thank heavens for the internet!

The predicted severe storms are moving in already this afternoon. The wind is picking up and I hear thunder. Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey