Fiesta time today


Hi again. This is a photo of me with my drum from Copan and in my brunette look. If you see me often you know that my hair doesn't stay the same color for very long....ever! On one of my trips to Copan, Honduras, I was feeling drum music and asked if anyone knew where I could get a drum. Well....as I was walking down the road toward a small town, I heard this drum beat. The drummer was leading me to my new drum! It was from a local musician and he made it from a tree trunk, goat skin and heavy twine. The goat skin still had it's original small insect life forms contributing to the sound. One of my best memories is of having to "de-flea" the drum before I could take it on the plane back to the US.

I love this drum! It is featured on many of my albums.

Another cool thing about this photo is the jewelry around my neck. Walter had this made for me and he designed it himself. It includes many Mayan symbols. What a guy!

A good friend and very wise person is celebrating his 60th birthday today. Fiesta time!

So many of us are moving through this milestone year.

I turned 61 in late December of 07. This was, of course, the ending a 20 year cycle with myself as creator of original music, and the beginning of a new 20 year cycle. It doesn't feel to me like this next cycle is a time for getting smaller and weaker. It feels more like a "Tina Turner" or "Rolling Stones" kind of time for me. I would love to have Tina Turner's legs and not have the Rolling Stones wrinkles....and have both of their vitality and love of music and ability to engage people in a concert experience that transform the lives of the performer and the audience in the best possible way.

My desire for our world is that the baby boomer generation will bring a new collective consciousness to our planet as we move into our wisdom years. With so many of us living creative, awake lives, we have the potential to really make a difference. Of course, this is what we thought we were going to do in the 60s! We did begin the process because we shook up the status quo. However, we had to wait a few years to actually understand how to anchor a vision into physical reality. (I have some pictures of myself and Walter in this time and yikes! Nope, I'm not sharing them.)

Today....shipping some orders, sending out some letters, doing some cleaning of my performance room.

Love to all!

Comments

Jamie said…
>>(I have some pictures of myself and Walter in this time and yikes! Nope, I'm not sharing them.)

Ha! Have I seen these?

I never heard about de-flea-ing the drum. That's funny. Maybe that's why that particular goat got reassigned to music duty.

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey