Musing on Music Technology, Connection and Wisdom

Technology is moving more quickly than I can keep up with!  It is the ever-changing language of music distribution.  When I receive a monthly statement of deposit for online sales now, it is mostly for streaming my music.  There is always some downloading of albums or tracks of albums, but downloading CDs and tracks of CDs is becoming a thing of the past.

We will be taking the links down from our website that directly linked you, the customer, to i-tunes
to download my albums and tracks from my albums.  I-tunes will no longer allow links from websites.  They are focused on streaming and want everyone to change from downloading to streaming.  Very interesting!

Meanwhile, my customers have to go directly to i-tunes and search for my name.  Everything is there but it is harder for you to get to me to download from i-tunes.

There are over 50 other digital sites that hold my music.  Some of the most popular that are attracting people to my music are I-tunes Canada, i-tunes Match Americas, Spotify, Yandex, Google Music Store, Amazon US Premium Service, i-tunes Switzerland, Rhapsody, i-tunes Australia, i-tunes Japan, i-tunes India, and Rhumblefish.  These are all digital ways that people do access and listen to my music.  Without digital download and streaming, these people would never hear me.
 
Wisdom moves through technology just as it moves through all other parts of life.  That spirit is co-creating with all of us to bring a whole new technological world of connection into being.

It is an important part of the weaving that binds us all together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Natural Timing of Things

Music supports the world around me

The Journey